Saturday, 17 March 2012
|Monday 19th||Tuesday 20th||Wednesday 21st||Thursday 22nd||Friday 23rd|
|6||Mass||Fr. Karol||Mass||Fr. Karol||Mass||Fr. Karol||Mass||Fr. Karol||Mass||Fr. Karol|
|9||College||Mass, Fr. Karol|
|11||Confesion||Fr. Karol||Confesion||Fr. Gerard||Confesion||Fr. Reginald||Confesion||Fr. Peter/Karol|
|11.3||Mass||Fr. Karol||Mass||Fr. Glenville||Mass||Fr. Stan||Mass||Fr. Karol||Mass||Fr. Peter|
|12||Benediction||Fr. Karol||Hospital||Mass, Fr. Karol||Stations||Fr. Karol|
|6||Confesion||Frs Christian, Glenville||Confesion||Frs Christian, Stan||Confesion||Frs Hasley, Stan||Confesion||Frs Gerard, Karol|
|6.3||Mass||Fr. Karol||Retreat, 2||Msgr Llanos||Retreat, 3||Msgr Llanos||Retreat, 4||Msgr Llanos||Retreat, 5||Msgr Llanos|
|7||Retreat, 1||Msgr Llanos||Mt. Lambert||conf., Fr. Karol|
4thSunday of Lent– March 11, 2012
1. Our Lenten Retreats begin on Monday 19th to Friday 23rd Marchon the theme: Revitalising our Catholic Culture and Identity.
Evening Retreat starts at 6.30pm with Msgr. Robert Llanospreaching
Morning Retreat begins Mass @ 11.30am
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament before Morning Retreat from 10.30am to 11.30am
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament before Evening Retreat from 5.30pm to 6.30pm
Sacrament of Reconciliation @ 11am & 6pm respectively
2. Masses for our St. Joseph Feast Day – March 19th. Morning Mass @ 6am, Pilgrims Mass at 11.30am and Mass for our Parish Community @ 6.30pm.
3. Collection taken this weekend is one of the five Annual Special collections. Todays collection is for the formation of the seminarian and priests of our Archdiocese.
4. Camsel, the publishers of the Catholic News is inviting readers to purchase the Catholic News on the weekends of March 11th, 18th and 25th for a chance to win and be part of the pilgrimage with His Grace, when he travels to Rome to receive his Pallium. The entry form will be published on these weekends. Please note on these weekends only, the Catholic News will be sold at $5.00
5. The Cancer Society Mobile Unit visits our area on Monday 26th March – 9am to 2.30pm. The Mobile Unit will be stationed in front of the Parish Office. Screening for Breast Examination and Pap Smear will be conducted at a cost of $25.00.
Tuesday, 13 March 2012
We would like to invite you to celebrate with us our patronal
Feast of Saint Joseph
On 19th of March in St. Joseph R. C. Church, St. Joseph.
6.00 AM: Morning Mass
10.30 AM: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
11.30 AM: Pilgrim’s Mass followed by Benediction
5.30 PM: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
6.30 PM: Evening Mass with the homily of Msgr Robert Llanos
We would like to invite you to join us for our Lenten Retreat.
Msgr Robert Llanos will preach about
Revitalizing of the Catholic Culture and Identity.
Monday 19th to Friday 23rd of March at 6.30 PM
in St. Joseph R. C. Church, St. Joseph.
6. 00 AM: Morning Mass
10.30 – 11.30 AM: Adoration
11.30 AM: Midday Mass with short Homily about Catholic Culture and Identity
5.30 – 6.30 PM: Adoration
6.30 PM: Conference by Msgr Robert Llanos
11.00 AM and 6.00 PM: Sacrament of Reconciliation
Saturday, 10 March 2012
Watch the video above, sung by the student brothers in Ireland, of the canticle of the Passion of Our Lord. It was revealed to Catherine immediately after her first great ecstasy of the Passion. Our Lady desired Catherine to spread it as a form of prayer and contemplation for the salvation of souls. Below is the text from the canticle which is traditionally chanted by Dominicans on every Friday during the Lent or only on Good Friday - in some provinces.
My friends and loved ones
draw near to me and stand aloof
I am shut up and I cannot come forth
mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction
and my sweat became
like drops of blood falling down on the ground
For dogs have compassed me
the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me
I gave my back to the smiters
and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair
I hid not my face from shame
and from those who spit on me
I am feeble and sore broken
I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart
The soldiers platted a crown of thorns
and put it on my head
They pierced my hands and my feet
I may tell all my bones
They gave me poison to eat
and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink
All they that see me laugh me to scorn
they shoot out the lip, they shake the head
They look and stare upon me
they part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture
into your hands I command my spirit
redeem me, Lord, God of truth.
Remember your servant, O Lord.
when you come into your kingdom
Jesus cried with a loud voice
yielded up the ghost
The Mercy of the Lord
I will sing for ever
Surely he hath borne our griefs
and carried our sorrows
He was wounded for our transgressions
he was bruised for our iniquities
All we like sheep gave gone astray
we have turned every one to his own way
And the Lord hath laid on him
the iniquities of us all
Awake, why do you sleep, O Lord?
arise, and do not cast us off for ever
Awake, why do you sleep, O Lord?
arise, and do not cast us off for ever
Behold, God is my Savior
I will trust, and not be afraid
We ask you, come to help your servants
whom you have redeemed by your perilous blood.
V. Have mercy on us, O benign Jesus. R. Who in Thy clemency didst suffer for us.
Look down, we beseech Thee, O Lord, on this Thy family for which Our Lord Jesus Christ did not hesitate to be delivered into the hands of the wicked, and suffer the torments of the Cross.
2ndSunday of Lent– March 11, 2012
1. Reminder: at all weekend Masses during the month of March, we will be conducting a Head Count of all persons attending Mass. This exercise is necessary for the Chancery to assess the current and future needs of the Archdiocese. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
2. Way of the Cross organized and presented by the Youth Group and Team continues every Friday in Lent at 6pm, starting at the foot of Calvary.
3. Our Annual Lenten Retreats - Monday 19th to Friday 23rd March
Evening Retreat starts at 6.30pm with Msgr. Robert Llanos preaching on the theme: Revitalising our Catholic Culture and Identity. From Tuesday to Friday from 6.00 pm there will be an opportunity to participate in the sacrament of reconciliation!
Morning Retreat begins at 11am with Adoration, with Mass @ 11.30am
Detailed program of our retreats will be published during this coming week.
4. Masses for our St. Joseph Feast Day – March 19th. Morning Mass @ 6am, Pilgrims Mass at 11.30am folloowed by short prayer in the front of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction, and Mass for our Parish Community @ 6.30pm.
5. On June 29th, Archbishop Joseph Harris will be traveling to the Rome to receive his Pallium. Camsel, the publishers of the Catholic News is inviting readers to purchase the Catholic News on the weekends of March 11th, 18th and 25th for a chance to win and be part of the pilgrimage with His Grace. On these weekends coupons with the entry form will be published. Please note as well, on these weekends only, the Catholic News will be sold at $5.00
6. The Cancer Society Mobile Unit visits our area on Monday 26th March – 9am to 2.30pm. The Mobile Unit will be stationed in front of the Parish Office. Screening for Breast Examination and Pap Smear will be conducted at a cost of $25.00.
Friday, 9 March 2012
Father Barron comments on the three practices of Lent: prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. He offers practical advice to enact these three pillars in your own life. In addition, he comments on the traditional practice of receiving ashes on Ash Wednesday.
Thursday, 8 March 2012
Dear Brothers & Sisters,
We are pleased that you have considered / are considering volunteering your "Time, Talent and Treasure" to building a just society in Trinidad & Tobago. We invite you to join our monthly meetings at St. Joseph's R.C. Church. These meetings will be held on the first Sunday of every month after the 8:30am Mass. Meetings will take place from 10:00 - 11:30am.
Our next meeting will take place on Sunday 1st. April, 2012 @ 10:00am. We encourage you to visit the site for the CCSJ at http://rcsocialjusticett.org/
2.0/about/ for further information on this vibrant movement within the Archdiocese. We look forward to your attendance and ask God's Blessing on us all until we meet.
A meeting Reminder and Agenda will be e-mailed to you closer to the meeting date.
Something new and exciting is happening in our
Please be encouraged to enroll, FREE OF CHARGE and be part of a growing network of working people, committed to the Catholic Faith who wish to bridge the gap between what we believe and how we work in the furtherance of the social mission of the church.
For more information you can visit their website at:
or visit their facebook page at: