MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Monday, 23 February 2015
Saturday, 21 February 2015
- Stations of the Cross, every Friday in Lent at 5.30 PM. We assemble at the foot of Calvary Hill. This year, different groups of young people will be leading the devotions - Confirmation, TVY, Altar Servers and the Youth Group.
- The feast of St. Joseph will be celebrated on Sunday 15th March. It will begin with a procession with the statue of St. Joseph from the church to the First Capital Park, with open-air Mass in the park. This is the first event to launch our Bi-Centennial celebrations.
- Lenten Retreat: "My grace is sufficient for you" taken from 2 Cor. 12: 9 is the theme of our retreat to be preached on. It will be held on Monday March 16th to Wednesday March 18th. The speaker is still to be confirmed.
- Meeting of the parents of the First Communion Class is on Saturday 28th March at 9AM. First Communion classes will resume on Saturday 7th March at 9AM.
- Young adults from the Mt. Lambert and the Maracas, St. Joseph parishes are coming to join the youths from St. Joseph/Mt. D'or for a Youth Retreat. Come, hear the dynamic and powerful Staron Timothy and Rica Charles.
When: Wednesday 25h and Thursday 26th February
Where: St. Joseph R.C. Church
What Time: 6.30PM to 8.30PM
With the season of Lent in full swing, the parish has already announced some of the activities which you all can look forward to.
- Sunday March 15th, the parish celebrates its Patronal feast day of St. Joseph and this will also kick off our year of Bicentenary. Archbishop Joseph Harris will serve as Chief Celebrant.
- Our parish Lenten retreat will be held on Monday March 16th to Wednesday March 18th. Our speaker is still to be announced.
- Our Lenten Stations of the Cross continues every Friday in Lent. However, this year, we are taking the devotions over to our sister church for ONE Friday ONLY during the season. On Friday March 13th, Mt. D'or will host the Stations of the Cross and it will be held at 5.30PM from the foot of the Mt. D'or hill to the St. Jude's Chapel.
- More activities will be announced soon!