1. On the Thursday of this coming week we celebrate the beautiful feast of All Saints. Masses will be celebrated in St. Joseph Church at 6 am and in St. Jude Chapel at 6 pm. We would like to invite you to come and celebrate this solemnity. On the 2nd of November we celebrate the All Souls day. Masses will be celebrated in St. Joseph Church at 6 am and 6 pm. Before masses we will recite the rosary for our departed brothers and sisters after theses masses we will go with short and simple procession to our so called ‘private cemetery’. Once again we would like to invite you and pray for the departed members of our community.
2. We would like to remind you that in comming days you can obtain the indulgence for the souls of those who are dear to you. A partial indulgence can be obtained by devoutly visiting a cemetery and praying for the departed, even if the prayer is only mental. One can gain a plenary indulgence visiting a cemetery between November 1 and November 8 and fulfilling ordinary conditions: a.) the faithful must receive the sacrament of confession, either eight days before or after the pious act is performed, b.) receive Holy Communion on that day; c.) and recite prayers for the intentions of the Holy Father (one Our Father and one Hail Mary is the minimum, but any other additional prayers may be added). These indulgences are applicable only to the Souls in Purgatory.
3. To deepen our experience and understanding during this year of ‘Faith’ you are invited to join the RCIA group as we explore the ALPHA Programme. Alpha can help to dispel our doubts, answer questions about our faith, and help us to live our Christian faith. We meet on Fridays @7pm.
4. Registration for Infant Baptisms for November 17th & December 15th is ongoing. Parents are asked to register on Monday afternoon’s at the parish office.
5. The next Mass for the Sick and Shut-ins is November 17th @ 10am at St. Joseph. Eucharistic Ministers who take Holy Communion to the Sick, please make arrangements for these persons to attend this Mass. If transport is needed or if you can assist with transport, please notify Chris Singh.
6. Envelopes for the Novena of Masses for our Deceased Relatives & Friends are now available. You can place the completed envelopes in the Collection Basket, or give it to Father, Catherine our Sacristan, Mr. Smith or Deacon Jeffrey. We would like to encourage you to offer masses for the dead. We are still together in the same community of the Church and we rely on the help of one another. So let us pray for our departed and help them to reach the heaven.
7. Please enjoy reading of our parish Newsletter.
8. From this week the office hours of the Parish Priest are: Thursdays and Fridays, 4 - 5 pm.