Wednesday 28 August 2013

Feast of St. Augustine of Hippo

Augustine was influenced by reading the life of Saint Anthony of the Desert, who when he read “Go, sell all you have, and give to the poor, and come and follow me”. Augustine did just that.



St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a particular vice or habit they long to break. 

St. Augustine's Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment