- Time of Advent – we are once again at the beginning of the Christian, liturgical year, preparing ourselves for Christmas – the coming to us of our Saviour. It is the time of waiting and longing, being spiritually united with Mary who is waiting to give birth to her Son. So in this, unfortunately, commercialized time, let us find time and strength to be in silence, to pray more, to be more modest, to fast … to wait. “Maranatha” – Come, O Lord come – may this prayer guide us in the coming days.
- Rorate Masses – special masses for Advent, celebrated in darkness with readings from the Fathers of the Church will be celebrated every Friday at 6 pm. You are most welcomed.
- Our “Christmas Dinner” is next Sunday – December 8 from 5.30pm to 10.30pm. The venue: Auzonville Banquet Hall, Tunapuna. Attractive Door Prizes! Lots to eat and drink! Live Parang Band. Tickets – Children under 12: $125.00, Adults: $180.00. This is the last weekend to purchase your tickets. Please check with Merle, Carol-Ann, Michael @ St. Jude’s, and Mr. Smith, Marjorie Valere, or Deacon Jeffrey at St. Joseph and at the parish office until Wednesday.
- Penitential Service (Confessions) will take place in our parochial church in St. Joseph on Thursday, 19th of December at 6.00 pm, in St. Michael’s at 6.30 pm on 10th of December. We would like to invite you to go to confession before Christmas in order to prepare the path, way for the Coming Jesus.
- Catholic Almanacs are available from this weekend. The cost is $4.00.
Blessings to ALL our parishioners this week!